Header Ads

About Professor Dr. Md. Jafar Ullah

 



About Professor Dr. Md. Jafar Ullah

Former Professor of Agronomy, Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University of Bangladesh, Education: M.Sc. in Agronomy from the University of Nottingham of the UK and Ph. D. degree from Jahangirnagar University of Bangladesh.  

Since 2007 I have been working as a Professor of Agronomy at Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University (SAU), Dhaka in Bangladesh teaching BS, MS and Ph. D. students in Agronomy; supervising thesis works of the MS and Ph. D. Agronomy students and investigating different national research and development projects. I teach Crop Production Technology, Crop Physiology, Farm Management and Farming Systems, Cropping Systems, Seed Science and Weed Science.

I have published about a hundred scientific articles in national and international journals and two books.

On a volunteering basis, I have been working as the Chief Editor of 'The Journal of Experimental Biosciences'  (www.bioscience-associates.com). Previously, I worked as the Executive Director of the Agrarian Research Foundation (ARF) without pay.

I coordinated a number of national projects both On-station and On-farm for generating and applying technologies to increase crop yields and disseminating technologies at the farmer's level. 

I have implemented a 3-year  KGF-World Bank-funded project as the Principal Investigator in coastal Bangladesh to generate production technologies for local rice land races and introduce maize as a new crop.

Recently in co-ordination with three organizations (Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Agrarian Research Foundation and Bangladesh Wheat and Maize Research Institute), I implemented a three-year KGF project to introduce and select suitable hybrids of white maize for human consumption in Bangladesh, wherein I worked as the Project Coordinator.  

Since 2015, I have been working to characterize land races of maize available in Bangladesh's Hilly areas and also developed three promising open-pollinated maize varieties. 

I also work as a reviewer/examiner of scientific articles/theses of different national and international Journals/Universities/Organizations. 

I have been working as the Chief Editor of an open excess peer-reviewed 'Journal of Experimental Biosciences' voluntarily since 2010 (www.bioscience-associates.com).

No comments

Powered by Blogger.